NASM Certified Personal Trainer Live Workshop (Melaka)November 15, 2021 2022-04-22 16:27
NASM Certified Personal Trainer Live Workshop (Melaka)
NASM Certified Personal Trainer Live Workshop (Melaka)
This includes :
- NASM 3-day live (face-to-face) workshop in Melaka
- CPR & AED certification course
- NASM-CPT Version 7 Hardcopy textbook
- Live workshop printed reading materials
- NASM-CPT online account with lecture videos, unlimited practice quizzes and practice tests
- NASM-CPT trainer resources (downloadable materials)
- Final online-invigilated exam (3 attempts to be completed in 365 days)
- International NASM-CPT certification (hard & soft copy) upon successful passing of exam
- Get listed on NASM Official Website as “International NASM Certified Personal Trainer” under validate credentials
- NASM-CPT t-shirt x1
- PFC Academy student support
- Gain access to NASM Malaysia & Singapore community
- Free certificate delivery
Note : Price excludes 6% SST and textbook delivery fee
Delivery options : West Malaysia (RM30) / East Malaysia (RM50) to be calculated separately. Prices exclude 6% SST ; Self pick-up from PFC Studio @ Plaza Damas, Sri Hartamas is FOC. Appointment is required in order to pick up textbook. Students can also collect textbook on the workshop day itself in Melaka.
What You’ll Learn :
- Our Course Makes Learning Fun & Easy! – This is not your typical ‘science’ course. Our newly updated Personal Trainer Certification utilizes an ‘edutainment’ style of learning – making the course fun, easy and accessible for everyone! With dozens of Hollywood-style videos and state-of-the-art graphics, even the least-academic person will find themselves truly enjoying the learning process.
- Learn the Latest Training Strategies and (Most Importantly!) How to Apply It – Don’t be taught outdated information! NASM’s Personal Trainer Certification is decades ahead of our competitors, and is by far the most comprehensive the industry has ever seen. This course uses the most accurate and up-to-date science, then teaches you how to transform that science into real-world application.
- Build a Successful Fitness Career – Learn everything you need to build a successful fitness career working in a gym, or even being your own boss and setting your own hours. This course will prepare you for a long and lucrative career working with everyone from weekend warriors to professional athletes.
- Train Anyone, Anywhere, Anytime with NASM’s World-Renowned OPT™ Model – The foundation of NASM’s certification is the exclusive and newly updated Optimum Performance Training® Model. It’s your blueprint for success. The OPT™ Model provides you with a systematic approach to developing personalized and unique training plans that allow you to see predictable outcomes for every client. It’s a flexible and comprehensive system that allows you to create individualized training plans for any client, any time.
- Master Accurate, Effective Client Assessments – Assessing, instead of guessing, is critical to successfully training a client. By understanding where the issues in their body are, you can then begin to figure out how to properly address underlying problems that could prevent them from reaching their end fitness goals.
- Learn the Art of Behavior Change – Having a plan is great, but knowing how to convince your clients to stick to it is even better. That’s where behavior change comes in. With our Personal Trainer Certification, you’ll learn the keys to helping people alter behaviors that prevent them from becoming the ultimate version of themselves.
Online Self-Study Course Curriculum :
Section 1 : Professional Development and Responsibility
- Chapter 1: The Modern State of Health and Fitness – Learn to distinguish your role as a Personal Trainer, identify common chronic health conditions, differentiate evidence-based practice from fitness fads, and define your scope as a professional. Listen to the Chapter 1 audio review here.
- Chapter 2: The Personal Training Profession – Fitness professionals have the option to work for a variety of employers or to work for themselves. This chapter explores industry growth and the overall career outlook for personal trainers. Listen to the Chapter 2 audio review here.
- 12 Knowledge Checks
Section 2 : Client Relations and Behavioral Coaching
- Chapter 3: Psychology of Exercise – The role of psychology in fitness and wellness is extremely important. It can deal with several topics, including the way exercise participation affects someone’s mood in both the short and the long term, the effect of weight loss on self-esteem, the motivations to become physically active, and how social influences affect overall exercise behavior. Listen to the Chapter 3 audio review here.
- Chapter 4: Behavioral Coaching – This chapter covers clients’ expectations, assessing behavior change, structuring optimal sessions, communicating effectively, and implementing exercise adherence techniques using behavior change. Listen to the Chapter 4 audio review here.
- 10 Knowledge Checks
Section 3 : Basic and Applied Sciences and Nutritional Concepts
- Chapter 5: The Nervous, Skeletal, and Muscular Systems – Because all fitness professionals need an understanding of anatomy and the Human Movement System, this chapter covers the fundamentals of the Nervous, Skeletal, and Muscular Systems. Listen to the Chapter 5 audio review here.
- Chapter 6: The Cardiorespiratory, Endocrine, and Digestive Systems – You will learn how to identify the structure and function of the cardiorespiratory system, how to categorize the function of the endocrine system, as well as the digestive system. Listen to the Chapter 6 audio review here.
- Chapter 7: Human Movement Science – You will gain an understanding of the basics of biomechanics and motor behavior as they relate to working as a personal trainer. Listen to the Chapter 7 audio review here.
- Chapter 8: Exercise Metabolism and Bioenergetics – This section of the course breaks down the various energy systems within the body, providing essential insight into the ways we use food for fuel. Listen to the Chapter 8 audio review here.
- Chapter 9: Nutrition – Improving health and fitness means more than just exercise; it also requires a commitment to improve the way the body is fueled. Although specific diet prescription is outside a trainer’s scope of practice, this chapter will provide the basics needed to support nutritional discussions with clients and make recommendations on how to support their goals through a healthy diet. Listen to the Chapter 9 audio review here.
- Chapter 10: Supplementation – It is important that the personal trainer understand what supplements are and how to educate clients on risks associated with various supplements. Within you will learn the necessary information to discuss supplementation with a client while remaining within your scope of practice. Listen to the Chapter 10 audio review here.
- 30 Knowledge Checks
Section 4: Assessment
- Chapter 11: Health, Wellness, and Fitness Assessments – After this chapter, you will be able to explain the importance of assessments, collect and summarize subjective client information, identify steps for conducting body composition assessments, and choose the correct cardiorespiratory assessments on an individual basis. Listen to the Chapter 11 audio review here.
- Chapter 12: Posture, Movement, and Performance Assessments – Posture, movement, and performance assessments are an integral part of the intake process for all clients and will assist the fitness professional in developing customized fitness programs to enhance a client’s well-being. Listen to the Chapter 12 audio review here.
- 10 Knowledge Checks
Section 5: Exercise Technique and Training Instruction
- Chapter 13: Integrated Training and the OPT™ Model – After complete interpretations of assessment results, a comprehensive training program can be developed through application of specific acute variables defined in the NASM OPT™ Model. Listen to the Chapter 13 audio review here.
- Chapter 14: Flexibility Training Concepts – Learn the scientific rationale for flexibility training, proper stretching exercises, and more within this chapter of the course. Listen to the Chapter 14 audio review here.
- Chapter 15: Cardiorespiratory Training Concepts – Cardiorespiratory fitness reflects the ability of the cardiovascular and respiratory systems to supply oxygen-rich blood to skeletal muscles during sustained physical activity. You will learn more within the course. Listen to the Chapter 15 audio review here.
- Chapter 16: Core Training Concepts – A properly designed core training program can be a key component of an overall training plan used to achieve a broad range of goals. The objective of core training is the development of core stability, endurance, strength, and power. Learn more within. Listen to the Chapter 16 audio review here.
- Chapter 17: Balance Training Concepts – The ability to maintain postural control or balance is a fundamental component of performance, injury resistance, and rehabilitation that follows an injury. Learn how to incorporate balance training within your clients’ programming. Listen to the Chapter 17 audio review here.
- Chapter 18: Plyometric (Reactive) Training Concepts – You will learn how to explain plyometric training and its three phases, summarize the benefits of the modality, identify proper progressions, and teach proper cueing techniques. Listen to the Chapter 18 audio review here.
- Chapter 19: Speed, Agility, and Quickness Training Concepts – Speed, agility, and quickness (SAQ) training is a useful and effective method of fitness training that stimulates muscular, neurological, connective tissue, and even cardiovascular fitness adaptations. Listen to the Chapter 19 audio review here.
- Chapter 20: Resistance Training Concepts – You will learn how to summarize resistance training principles to clients, categorize exercises for different types of goals and adaptations, and employ safe methods and resistance training variables. Listen to the Chapter 20 audio review here.
- 42 Knowledge Checks
Section 6: Program Design
- Chapter 21: The Optimum Performance Training® Model – Creating and modifying exercise programs for clients can be a complicated process because there are many variables to consider, including the client’s goals, their tolerance for exercise, and their unique physical abilities and medical history. The Optimum Performance Training® Model makes it simple. Listen to the Chapter 21 audio review here.
- Chapter 22: Introduction to Exercise Modalities – Within this chapter you will learn how to categorize different exercise modalities, describe their uses depending on different clients, and determine the correct resistance and proprioceptive uses on an individual basis. Listen to the Chapter 22 audio review here.
- Chapter 23: Chronic Health Conditions and Special Populations – This chapter covers important information and recommendations for assessing and designing exercise programs for clients with selected chronic health conditions or functional limitations.
- 19 Knowledge Checks
Final Online-Invigilated Exam (3 attempts to be completed in 365 days, scheduled exam dates are available throughout the year, please check with PFC Academy, avoid last minute bookings).
There are 100 test questions. You must pass with a scaled score of 70 or better. You will have 2 hours to complete the exam.