Behaviour Change Specialist (BCS)
- 0/100 Students
- 0 Lessons /0 Quizes
Help your clients win more than just competitions.
In a short period of time, you’ll have the unique ability to assess and implement behavior change tactics – ones that make a lasting impact.
With the NASM Behavior Change Specialization, you will:
CEUs: NASM 1.9
Most fitness enthusiasts believe they already possess the skills necessary to affect change with their clients. While on the surface, this may appear to be true. But when they dive a little deeper, they may realize there is so much more to learn.
Assess your behavior change and client retention skills by answering the questions below:
- What are the 3 stages involved in a goal setting system?
- Should you recommend a number of steps per day to a client?
- When would you use the cognitive behavioral technique “premacking”?
Need help with the answers? NASM’s new Behavior Change Specialization (BCS) will help teach you to identify your clients’ motivational triggers which can lead to sustainable results for your clients and improve client retention for you.
- Module 1: Introduction to Behavior Change
- Module 2: Coaching and Communication
- Module 3: Client Screening and Assessment
- Module 4: Effective Goal Setting
- Module 5: Behavior Therapy Techniques
- Module 6: Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Module 7: Effective Imagery
- Module 8: Interpersonal and Social Influences on Behavior Change
- Module 9: Professional Practice and Ethics
Gain the knowledge, skills, and abilities involved in motivating clients to help change health and fitness related behaviors. At the conclusion of the specialization, you will have the ability to systematically assess and implement behavior change tactics in a progressive approach with application oriented tools.
With the NASM Behavior Change Specialization, learn how to:
- Pinpoint motivational triggers and determine your clients’ greatest barriers to change
- Apply the appropriate intervention techniques aligned with your clients’ personality, and identify their ability to change
- Design programs that can yield quicker, more effective results, and help to raise client retention
- Adjust training methods as your clients progress in their training
✔ Online Course
✔ Application videos
✔ Learning Activities
✔ Final Online Exam
“The BCS course really helped fill in the gaps as well as give name and context to what I already knew. I feel it helped increase the professionalism with which I can work with clients.”– Alex H, WA
“This is a great course to take in coaching clients. It is a very informative course and the material is on point in fostering goal changes for clients and the coach as well. I look forward to taking other courses as well.”– Lydia T, NY
“This course is very helpful to provide support in bridging the gap between the information you give a client, and getting them to adhere to what you want them to do to achieve their goals.”– Alex A, UK