Certified Functional Strength Coach Level 1
- To raise the quality of the professionals in the industry by delivering the best educational experience possible and be requiring all coaches to pass a live practical exam.
- To make good coaches great and great coaches even better.
- To breakdown the MBSC program bit by bit and demonstrate the system of progressions and regressions for each movement pattern.
- To enable participants to learn the MBSC programming and coaching techniques.
Hands On Coaching:
- To physically coach one another into proper positions using verbal instruction, demonstration and hands on coaching.
- To learn coaching cues, mistakes to look out for, how to correct them, and how to address common issues that can occur and how to address them.
The Practical Event Format:
- You will be divided in a group of 15 people.
- You will be assessed, taught and tested by the same instructor in charge.
- You will be experiencing practical demonstrations and coaching cues with your partner/group mate during Strength Training sections.
Strength Training Format:
The instructor assigned will –
- Explain common movement issues.
- Demonstrate corrections on common movement patterns.
- Provide demonstrations of at least one progression and regression for each baseline movement.
Practical Exam Testing Criteria:
You are required to –
- Provide 3-4 clear and concise coaching cues.
- Explain and demonstrate exercise effectively in less than 30 seconds.
- Cover the necessary coaching points and correct movement execution should be achieved within the 30-second time frame.
Certified CFSC Instructor
- OneFit Master Trainer
- Bachelor of Science in Sports Science, Arizona State University, US
- CFSC International Instructor
- USAW (USA Weightlifting Certified Coach)
- EXOS-XPS Performance Enhancement Specialist
- EXOS-Phase 2 & 3
- EXOS Trainee
- RTS (Resistance Training Specialist)
There are no prerequisites for CFSC Level 1 certification. If anything, we are looking for CNPs (Certified Nice Person). CFSC Level 1 course is intended for, but not limited to, fitness, performance, sports coaches and rehabilitation professionals.
Our goal with the recertification process was to keep it as simple as possible while making sure CFSCs (Certified Functional Strength Coaches) are still up to date with the philosophy and systems we implement at Mike Boyle Strength and Conditioning as well as being able to proficiently coach the drills and movements in the program. Recertification is required every 2-years and, recertification costs USD $100.
The written exam (which will be tested on day 2 of the training workshop) will be created based on that content. It consists 50 multiple choice questions and require a 70% or better score to pass. If you fail the written/online exam there is a USD $100 retake fee.
If you do not pass the practical exam, your instructor will explain why and what you must work on. Once your instructor makes the final decision; you cannot retake the practical exam at that event. In the week following your event, you will receive an email with instructions on how to proceed with the practical exam. If you choose to continue with the exam, you may submit a video showing competency of the movements and coaching cues you were marked incorrect for. There is a USD $100 fee for submitting a retake.
Yes, CFSC is partnering with Functional Movement Systems (Functional Movement Screen) and Precision Nutrition.
Remark: All online material can only be accessed using desktop or laptop computer. iPhone, iPad, Windows Phone or Android devices are not supported.