MOBILITY + STABILITY + STRENGTH
Stick Mobility combines joint mobilization, strength training, and deep fascial stretching to increase athletic performance, reduce risk of injury, and speed recovery.
Level 1 Certification
The Level 1 Certification Training Course is a two-day course that is 80% hands-on and 20% lecture.
We’ll take you through three phases of joint mobilization, strength training, and deep fascial stretching techniques. You’ll use the Mobility Sticks as a tool to learn the methods to improve range of motion, muscle activation, full-body strength, and body awareness.
You’ll learn the five scientific principals upon which our training system is built: Leverage, Stability, Feedback, Irradiation, Isometrics, and Coordination. We’ll show you how to integrate these aspects into one-on-one and group training sessions.
After completion of this course you will be a Certified Stick Mobility Level 1 Coach.
The Level 1 Course is Accredited by the Following Organizations:
(Price shown excludes 6% SST)
Please note the course is physically and neurologically demanding for most attendees. Come dressed to workout. In preparation, we suggest watching our online Fundamentals Video Series available on our site and YouTube channel.
Your Mobility Sticks will be ready for you at the course location. (Alternatively they can sent to you early for with delivery fee (calculated separately). Attendees are then responsible for the transportation of their sticks. Please see our FAQs for our recommendations for traveling with sticks.)
Feel free to contact us with any questions:
WhatsApp/Text/Call : +6013-394 7393
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Dennis Dunphy is a co-creator/owner of StickMobility. He has been coaching in the fitness industry since 1999. His journey has seen him evolve into understanding the impact of mobility and its central importance in our daily lives.
Dennis grew up in Buffalo, NY and has always been actively involved in athletics, especially hockey. He has called San Jose, CA his home for the past 20 years now.
He holds an extensive background in several modalities such as kettlebells, Animal Flow, Indian Clubs, and mace training to name a few. He joined forces with Neal Valera and Mitch Taylor to create StickMobility 4 years ago. They have developed a system that teaches how to mobilize joints, activate & strengthen tissues, improve coordination, and increase body awareness and performance. All of this with a specially designed, strong flexible stick.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Personal Trainers, Strength & Conditioning Coaches, Physical Therapists, Chiropractors, Yoga, and Pilates Instructors, as well as athletes and personal users looking to deepen their mobility knowledge and skills.
We work with athletes, coaches, and medical practitioners from various areas of sports, fitness, and healthcare. From pro athletes to personal trainers, yoga instructors to kettlebell specialists, bodybuilders to chiropractors and physical therapists. Each one of them views movement from a different perspective. We work with them to understand how to apply the Stick Mobility principles into how they view movement with the goal of helping them reach their full potential.
Some professional sports teams who use Stick Mobility include The Cincinnati Bengals, The Raiders, LA Rams, The Baltimore Orioles, LA Angels, Atlanta Braves, San Diego Padres, LA Kings, Anaheim Ducks, Philadelphia 76’ers, Indiana Pacers, Minnesota Timberwolves, and the Denver Nuggets.
PGA Golfers, Paul Casey, Jason Day and Dustin Johnson have implemented our system with their personal trainers to help increase their flexibility and rotation.
Stick Mobility uses the formula: joint range of motion + joint stability + neuromuscular drive = mobility.
Stretching by itself lacks these crucial elements. We know that our muscles get tight for a reason, and no matter how much we stretch, without the right strength levels, they won’t let go. This is typically caused by weakness in one area causing tension in another.
For example – tighten the hip flexors, like you do when you sit down all day, and your hamstrings will become overactive when you extend the hip. Tightness makes you more susceptible to injury.
The neuromuscular drive benefits from Stick Mobility come as your body is better able to coordinate your muscles as one unified mechanism to produce movement. The better balanced your muscles are, the better they can coordinate your kinetic chain.
Through combining joint mobilization, strength training, and deep fascial stretching with the Stick Mobility system we have seen users improve their:
- Functional range of motion
- Joint stability
- Full-body strength
- Tissue quality
- Athletic performance
- Body alignment
- Muscle activation
- Motor control
- Body awareness
- Reduced risk of injury
- Recovery from injury
- Faster recovery after exercise
We recommend purchasing a bundle of 3 sticks (two long sticks, one short) in order to utilize the full range of exercises in the training system and videos. Having multiple sticks gives you access to a wider range of full-body stretches and strengthening moves, allows you to efficiently work both sides of the body at once with two tall sticks, and access the short-stick-only specific exercises.
The use of more than one stick is both a regressionary or progressionary aspect of our system. Stability work can be challenging and two sticks provide added stability so that the body and the central nervous system can learn to adapt to the new stimulus. Some exercises and stretches test contralateral and ipsilateral patterns which require the use of more than one stick. Stretches and movements may involve two sticks while hanging, twisting, pushing, and pulling in opposing directions to reach maximal ranges.
*Good for you, we offer 2-day live workshop which includes Stick Mobility Bundle!*
The Mobility Stick is made with a custom blend of synthetic plastic and natural rubber designed to achieve the balance of flexibility, strength, and grip needed for the full range of Stick Mobility exercises.
We describe the Mobility Stick as a simple tool used to create tension, leverage, stability, and body awareness. It provides kinesthetic and visual feedback to users and coaches.
- We recommend you do not expose your Mobility Sticks to prolonged extreme temperatures as this may compromise the structural integrity of the sticks.
- Do not leave your Mobility Sticks inside your vehicle in hot temperatures as this can cause unwanted bending of the sticks.
- Store your sticks either upright or if horizontal support the stick at each end and in the middle to avoid potential bending over time.
- When in use we recommend spinning the stick after each rep so you don’t always bend the stick in the same direction.
- One objective with Stick Mobility exercises is to create tension by flexing the stick. Although rare, excessive over flexion of the stick can result in stick damage and breakage. The sticks are built with a custom blend of materials designed to achieve a specific balance of flex and strength. Excessive over flexion is not part of the training exercises and not required to achieve the benefits of the system. Please follow the flexion examples from our training videos and/or the guidance of a Certified Stick Mobility Instructor.
Yes, they do! Our Level 1 Certification Course is accredited by the following organizations and was awarded 1.3 CEU’s (12 CEC’s from AFLCA).
- National Academy of Sports Medicine
- National College of Exercise Professionals
- Attheltics & Fitness Association of America
- National Strength & Conditioning Association
- Alberta Fitness Leadership Certification Association
Remark: All online material can only be accessed using desktop or laptop computer. iPhone, iPad, Windows Phone or Android devices are not supported.
PFC Studio specializes in four quarters of fitness masteries namely:
- PFC Studio provides Fitness Education for achievers that wants to elevate credibility in the fitness industry especially through NASM and AFAA.
- Team PFC conducts Personal Training which systematically tailors to clients’ respective goals and visions.
- PFC trainers also focuses on Post – Rehabilitation Training for clients who are working off an injury or in seek for mobility and flexibility restorations.
- We also specialize in Golf and Sports Performance Training helping athletes in areas of conditioning and movement related carry overs.