National Academy of Sports Medicine – Certified Personal Trainer
What is NASM Certified Personal Trainer (NASM-CPT)?
The NASM-CPT program is designed with you in mind. Our systematic, evidence-based approach for designing exercise programs can prepare you to help anyone reach their fitness goals – from beginners to professional athletes.
This and all other NASM programs are founded on principles contained in NASM’s exclusive Optimum Performance Training™ (OPT™) model, the industry’s premier science-based training model.
Bring the book to life in this 3-day workshop.
NASM Certified Personal Trainer (CPT) Live Workshop
- CPR + AED Certification (*Only for Penang, Kuala Lumpur, and Johor Bahru NASM-CPT intakes)
- Introduction to the NASM Optimum Performance Training (OPT) Model
- How to conduct different fitness screenings and assessments
- How to interpret the results from fitness screenings and assessments
Day 2 & 3
- Allows you to see the bigger picture of the NASM training methodology and covers the WHAT (exercise selection, progressions, & regressions), WHY (scientific rationale) and HOW (practical aspects) including:
- Flexibility Training Concepts
- Core Training Concepts
- Balance Training Concepts
- Reactive Training Concepts
- Speed, Agility, and Quickness Training Concepts
- Resistance Training Concepts
- How to design individualised training programs for different clients’ needs and goals based on screening and assessment results
- How to design training individualised programs for different clients
- How to design individualised daily, weekly, monthly, and annual training programs for different clients
(Price shown excludes 6% SST)
(Price shown excludes 6% SST)
Workshop Fees (Bundle)
NASM Certified Personal Trainer (NASM-CPT) is an internationally recognised fitness certification. It is the most rigorously tested system available to fitness professionals today and it is focused on developing fitness programmes based on latest scientific research. This means you will gain knowledge that will set you above the rest.
The NASM Certified Personal Trainer (NASM-CPT) certification sets the standard in fitness – during the duration your studies, you will gain comprehensive knowledge of human movement science, functional assessment, and program design.
Takes the guesswork out of the program and helps your produce consistent and remarkable results for your clients. The NASM Certified Personal Trainer (NASM-CPT) program does more than introduce you to the fundamentals of training; It sets you on the path to becoming a leader in the industry;
The NASM Optimum Performance Training (OPT) model sets NASM Certified Personal Trainer (NASM-CPT) apart from the rest of the industry.
NASM’s Optimum Performance Training (OPT) model has been extremely successful in helping clients reduce their body fat, increase lean muscle mass and strength, and improve performance and overall health.
NASM’s exclusive Optimum Performance Training (OPT) model is:
- The industry’s first comprehensive training system. Based on scientific, evidence-based research.
- Takes the guesswork out of program design.
- Helps you produce consistent and remarkable results for your clients.
- Developed to concurrently improve all functional abilities, including flexibility, core stabilisation, balance, strength, power, and cardiorespiratory endurance.
Once you attend the 3-day live workshop, you will be given an NASM Certified Personal Trainer (NASM-CPT) online account where you will gain access to NASM Certified Personal Trainer (NASM-CPT) online resources (tutorials, exercise library, quizzes, unlimited practice exams). Once you are ready for your final exam, make an appointment to attempt your final exam at PFC Studio. For students from other states or overseas, online invigilated exam can be done via zoom. You are given 365 days to complete your final exam.
NASM Certified Personal Trainer (NASM-CPT) is designed to allow for hands-on learning, self-directed and self-paced study (3 days of live workshop and online studies thereafter).
NASM Certified Personal Trainer (NASM-CPT) graduates are required to undergo re-certification every 2 years. They are required to collect 2.0 continuing education units (CEUs) by attending NASM approved courses. The re-certification fee is RM848 (inclusive of 6% SST) for every two years. There is so much to learn when it comes to fitness so the re-certification requirement is just another way to ensure that trainers stay on top of their knowledge because when it comes to your career and your clients, don’t settle for less.
NASM now offers “Recertify for Life” option. This gives NASM Certified Personal Trainers the opportunity to avoid renewal fees with a one-time fee of RM1749 (inclusive of 6% SST). NASM-CPTs are required to collect 2.0 continuing education units (CEUs) every 2 years. by attending NASM approved courses.
Remark: All online material can only be accessed using desktop or laptop computer. iPhone, iPad, Windows Phone or Android devices are not supported.